Pages

Saturday 29 June 2013

Feeling connected!

While I have been blessed with Xerox looks of my mom, I am 100% blessed with Xerox characteristics of dad. A self-happy realization of this summer. Busy throughout in my own world, college, career I didn't get so much free time that I have got now. With my dream journey complete and joining a thing of October, I have got time to do lot of things I always longed to do but couldn't do due to time constraint.  While this summer has given me umpteen memories that I shall cherish throughout, this memory needed special mention.

Honestly, I have always been busy and connecting to mom’s life and never tried to take a closer look at dad’s. Well it’s because my mom loves talking about their childhood days, family details, how they lived and loved each other. On the other hand I never got to learn how my dad was in his 20’s, who his friends were, what he liked, how their family lived etc etc. The first instance of commonality between him and me. My dad too doesn't indulge in talking about himself, his past, his life before we came unless pressed for. And I realized how true it’s with me too. This was just the beginning on my path of discovery.

First time ever I got an opportunity to travel with dad all alone. Although it was just a 8 hr journey I felt sooo glad. His small gestures of waking up before me in morning and getting ready just to let me sleep little more, the stares exchanged when some guys looked at me, the parent-like care for having breakfast at a hygienic place even though if it meant walking some distance….Aahhh!!! I sensed the safety around when he was there, the love when holding his hand for crossing the road :) and I realised what importance dad holds in one’s life (specially girl’s).

Next I packed my mom’s bags and sent her to her mom’s place because she deserved rest. I assured her I will take care of dad for now that I am home. And yep, we got a week to spend together :) This too was first time because usually I had my 'Big B' around and again I use to be lost in him due to age group factor. This time it was just My Dad and Me. We got up together, did all the preparations together, two hrs in morning he would be doing his morning chores of yoga, pooja with traditional music purifying the air of home, I would be trying hard to get ready his tiffin, breakfast, bottles, managing hard to make it perfect. He would help me in everything which he otherwise demanded from mom[hehe]. That’s the beauty of a dad-daughter relationship. Soon within 2hrs the temporary queen of home would become home alone.

Dreamdad!
Engaging myself in other activities with masala music on, I would wait for the clock to hit 1pm. There would go tring tring. And it would be dad with full appreciation for the food I made. Just what I expect for the hard work I would put. His favourite dialog would be “ Mom se bhi acha banai beta tu..:)[the taste was better than your mom's beta]” and that’s it. It was equivalent to my own lunch and would charge me up to make something special for dinner :)

I would await for the lift noise at around 9pm to know dad has come. He would ask me about my day and in return I would ask how was everything at office. Then we both sat together in front of TV watching mom’s drama serials just to not miss her while actually missing. The cutest part would follow after that. He would be waiting eagerly to talk to mom but wouldn’t express it. He would ask me, “maa se bat hui kya beta, baat karni hai? [have you spoken to mom, shall I call her up now]. And sometimes I would say yes, sometimes just to tease him I would say I have already spoken and not necessary to call her :P And I would feel the peak of happiness of day when dad tell mom over the phone “komal takes care of me so nicely, once you would miss something but my beti doesn't miss anything at all” :) :) :)

Dad-Daughter Relationship :)
At the end of the week, I felt I knew my dad more closely.  The confidence, the compassion, the managerial abilities, the secretive caring nature, the travel passion, the little temper, the child-like eagerness – I derive it all from dad. And in all true sense he’s  “The Dreamdad”.

I can see the pride and connection in his eyes when he sees me doing the same things that he loved doing in his young days. He loves to see me making trips to different places all alone, managing and planning entire trips. Moreover he himself advice me on trips , what to do, which is a must visit place, what near- by things and specialties are to be watched out for – And people keep struggling with the permission itself !!! Blessed am I !!! Touch-wood for being a part of family that shares the love, bonding and trust of the families which can be epitomized for it yet with no compromise on freedom, individual desires and dreams.

I am thankful to God for having given me this time with dad, and wish I had made efforts to know him more a little while back. For all people out there, if the only learning you all can take from this post is to realize the value of each relationship in your life before it gets too late, I would say to myself job well done. What is the point in remembering a person with tears when you still have the time to do so with smiles :) :) :)

Love you dad


~~~ Cheers ~~~

10 comments:

  1. Wow.. now that's what i call a perfect come back :)..
    Dad-daughter relationship is indeed AWESOME..so is your post :)..
    Mere case me it's ulta.. m blessed with both, xerox looks as well as xerox characteristics of dad :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And this is my come-back comment after such a long time..:) I agree - feels so homely to be back to this space :)

      Thansk khushi ji...Keep visiting :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, i never read about the relationship getting unfolded so beautifully. With every minute thing about it told with so much of enthusiasm and affection, it gives immense pleasure to read it. I liked the 'stares' part....gives so much satisfaction to a girl when her loved ones come forward to protect...can undersatand :-) and of course with every blog, the bar is raising in terms of quality :-) keep it up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, and i never read so many words of appreciation from u :)I am glad you enjoyed reading it. Shall try to live up the "bar" not the literal "bar" standards :P

      Keep visiting. ~~Cheers~~

      Delete
  3. you forgot to mention how i would plan your surpise dinner for dad by messaging him what's in the dinner :P ;)
    This post is sheer magic. It is easy for one to think that since it speaks about the 2 most bful people i have ever known it's bound to make me feel good. But as a fact of the matter the purity of your thoughts and the love in your expressions came out beautifully. it's absolutely wow. Full justice done to a very strong emotion.
    It's a must read for every daughter. And it's true that it's the daughter that makes your family complete and not just the son.
    More about it through email :)
    Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! I would have to write another post to describe your efforts to spoil the plan..:P

      I think its both daughter n son together than completes a family :) ~~Cheers to our family bonding and love~~

      Delete
  4. i have no words or nothing to say on this....just mesmerised at the beauty of the words on which u've carved this beautiful relationship....
    my story is to an extent similar....i was always scared of my dad...i still am. i hope someday i'll gather the courage to go upto him and give him a hug....

    Since, i have nothing much to say, so i decided to pick a line from google......this is what depicts my state of mind.

    "Certain is it that there is no kind of affection so purely angelic as of a father to a daughter. In love to our wives there is desire; to our sons, ambition; but to our daughters there is something which there are no words to express." ~ Joseph Addison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey der,
      First of all a hearty welcome to my blog space..:) Thanks for visiting...I would say you should try doing it once[giving a hug]. Parents might look hard from outside but are very soft at heart and just do not express in words their love towards us..:)

      "Lovedddd the quote"

      Keep Visiting...~~Cheers~~

      Delete
  5. @Anonymous - awesome quote.. Thanks for sharing !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yo awesome Bro! \m/(^_^)\m/

      Delete

Dear Reader - Your time to write a comment means a lot of encouragement and smiles.