Pages

Wednesday 15 April 2020

A nostalgic visit to my own place


I visited my own blog page today after almost 5 years! It seems like a lifetime to me. People say memories stay with you forever, but I beg to differ. I have forgotten about the details of my own life journey so much, that reading my posts from year 2011 left me wondering! 

In my introduction to this blog as a young girl entering her 20s [To the right side - View Profile section] , I had mentioned "Life is all about events one after another. Years pass by, moments are lived and memories are made. I believe in going a step ahead.I take note of all those memories and experiences for myself and my louued ones."  It sounds so mature for my age that time and definitely meaningful. 

Life has changed leaps and bounds in these years. But reading the posts made me realize that I have few good constants in my life. I know these people and they are still very dear to me. But sometimes in this race of life, it is worthwhile to slow down and take some moments to relive those memories that makes the bond special. In a way I realized why after-all those bonds are so special to me. It starts with the hero of my life - my brother, my special girls gang SBG, Khushi ji, Addie,  Surbhi, Shreyansh, Lakshmi and a few more. There has been nothing really special about my writing. But each of your comments on my posts made me so nostalgic and it also reassured how friends can make you feel special. Thanks for being there for me. 




Why am I visiting the blog now? 

I am sure some of you have this question. Why now after so many years? Last week we were playing this game on SBG group as a way to bring some fun during the current way of quarantined life. There was a task in which one had to write the name of 3 bloggers and Dishlu mentioned my name as one of the bloggers! Really??? I wondered myself - Was I really a blogger? 

This morning came the Eureka moment when I was deciding on my To-Do for the day while taking shower. Some things never change :) 
[Ref:best-thoughts-in-bathroom] And guess what? With not much work on my plate, I have been on this nostalgic ride whole of this afternoon. It tickled some of those emotions which were buried deep underneath and overshadowed with recent memories. I am glad I did it. Thanks Dishlu for bringing this back to me. 

Another dear friend recently messaged me a dialog from one of our favorite movie - Yeh jawaani Hai Deewani : 

Yaadein mithai ke dibbe ki tarah hote hai, ek baar khula toh sirf ek tukda nahi kha paoge


Hope to come back soon.....

~ ~ Cheers ~ ~



2 comments:

  1. Wow ! This was a time travel for me too :) I had also stopped blogging almost the same time as you. N definitely my life has come a long way. I took this trip a few months back and had my nostalgia. We change so much with time... its so hard to believe that this was us many years back and sad to know that we may not be the same again.

    Loved your picture.. I think we started moving in the direction of time and in the process left memories far behind.

    Considering to get back to blogging again..but you know the lazy side of me. But looking forward to see more of you here.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You still have the first spot on my blog :) Yes, we do change a lot. And writings like these helps us stay in touch with our-self. Hope to see more of both of us in the blogging world.

      Delete

Dear Reader - Your time to write a comment means a lot of encouragement and smiles.